Choose the best kitchen countertop for your kitchen?
The kitchen is the place everyone goes to satisfy our hunger, and it’s a very important part of our daily routine. And kitchen countertops account for the most usable part of the kitchen, as we all agree on that. So whether you are planning an entire kitchen remodel or just kitchen countertop remodeling, you should always choose the best materials. Let us help you decide which countertop is the best for you.
Your kitchen countertop will be the working area and center of your food preparations, so it is obvious that it is going to endure the most. If it is difficult for you to choose which countertop you should use for your kitchen countertop remodeling, then it might be good to consider some of the factors that could help you choose between the most popular choices worldwide.
- It should be durable
- It should withstand pounding
- Spilling and staining must be cleaned easily.
Types of Kitchen Countertops
There are only two types of kitchen countertops that are popular worldwide, and you should consider too, if you want durability, endurance and can withstand spilling & staining.
- Granite Kitchen countertops
- Marble kitchen countertops.
Let’s talk about both the countertops in detail so that after assessing all the details it is easy for you to choose between them.
Granite Countertops –
Granite is a hard igneous rock made of volcanic material. It composites materials like quartz and feldspar. Granite contains various shades of color, including red, pink, and grey. But you can find the other shades commercially. Natural hardness and durability make granite an ideal choice for kitchen countertops.
Pros and Cons of Using Granite for your Countertop
Advantages of Granite Countertops;
- It is the most durable substance you can find, we can say that Granite lasts a lifetime.
- Everyone wants their kitchen to look appealing and attractive. Granite does that for you and it also increases the value of your home.
- Kitchen countertops endure the most heat and granite can withstand high temperature, including pans straight from the oven. So we can say that granite has good heat resistance.
- With our daily routine if we also have to spend time cleaning our countertops then it will not be an ideal choice but the granite is easy to clean and disinfect. A simple wipe will take care of the most mess.
- Requires treatment from time to time to keep it top-notch
- Granite is a natural material, so if you want consistent color and pattern then granite is not for you
- Granite is heavy and is labor-intensive to install, so the cost increases with it.
Marble is a rock formed by subjecting limestone to extremely high temperatures and pressure under the earth. It becomes denser and hard because of the change of characteristics in limestone. Marble makes a very attractive countertop because of the pattern that alternates with the dominant color of the polished marble slab.
Pros and Cons of using Marble for your Countertop
- It is very attractive and appealing and adds value to your kitchen and home.
- It can endure high temperatures, too, so bakers won’t have to worry.
- Some options of marble Countertops are cheaper than granite countertops, which also make them cheaper.
- Marble is porous and requires treatment and sealing to make sure it stays intact
- In a chaotic kitchen, it is prone to scratches.
- Spilled an acidic substance, that’s it, game over
- Marble stains easily, so they require extra care.
Now you know all the facts about both the countertops, so if you want to opt for Kitchen countertops remodeling, you can contact us on kingdomfloors.com. We offer countertop remodeling for homes and businesses in Plano, Texas.